Walton-on-Thames Tennis : Online Booking Rules
Outdoor Booking Rules
- Members may book up to 14 days in advance; the courts become available for booking from 7am. Court 5 is only bookable 7 days in advance from 7 am.
- Members may book for a maximum of 3 consecutive 30 minute sessions. It is necessary to name all players in each session.
- Members may not book, nor be a named opponent, another court commencing straight after booking made in (2) above.
- Junior members (unless granted adult playing rights) can only book courts during junior playing times. Monday-Friday 9am-6pm (except Bank Holidays when Saturday times apply), Saturdays 9am-2pm; after 5pm, Sundays 9am - 2pm; after 4pm. This booking system is not available for Mini tennis members.
- Court Bookings requiring use of floodlights - members are only permitted one per calendar week (i.e. as either booker or named player). However, if the booking is made within 2 days of start time, this will also be permitted. (Note : This is because floodlit courts are a limited resource and the Club wants to give as many members that wish the possibility of playing)
- Bookings are only valid for the designated court.
- Please remember to cancel bookings as soon as possible if you cannot use the court to give other members the chance to book
- Where there is an infringement of the booking rules and no opponent is named, the booking member will have 24 hours for the booking to be rectified (e.g. opponent commits). After the 24 hour grace period, if the booking irregularity remains, the booking will be automatically cancelled. For any other booking irregularities, the booking member will receive a warning email giving 24 hours to regularise.
INDOOR (DOME) BOOKING RULES
- Members may book up to 14 days in advance for a maximum of 3 sessions in any calendar week (commencing on a Monday), only 1 of which can be a prime time** booking.
- When reserving 14 days prior, the courts become available for booking from 7am.
- You may not be a named player in more than 3 bookable sessions per week of which only 1 can be at prime time.
- You may not book or be a named player in consecutive sessions.
- Same day bookings will be allowed in addition to your 3 sessions per week.
- **Prime time bookings are defined as from 6 to 9 pm on Monday to Friday evenings and can only be used for doubles. All players in the session must be named.
- Singles bookings are allowed at all other times and players must be named, but if a Prime Time booking slot remains available 7 days ahead of time, it may then be booked for singles.
- Please remember to cancel bookings as soon as possible if you cannot use them to give other members the chance to book.
- Off peak members are allowed to use courts only on weekdays between 9am and 6pm, but not on Bank Holidays.
- Junior playing times vary slightly in the Dome. As Outdoors for Monday – Friday, but Saturday & Sunday are 9am–1.30pm and 4.30pm-6pm.
- Where we see infringement of the booking rules and no opponent is named, the booking member will have 24 hours for the booking to be rectified (eg, opponent commits). After the 24 hours' grace period, if the booking irregularity remains, the booking will be automatically cancelled. For any other booking irregularities, the booking member will receive a warning email giving 24 hours to regularise.
DOME MEMBER RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Dome lights MUST be switched off after every session of play unless someone is waiting to play
- The Dome MUST be locked after every session of play unless someone is waiting to play
- The Dome key is kept on a hook by the floodlight control box and MUST BE returned there every time the Dome is locked
- The Dome lights will turn off automatically about 10.40pm; they must not be over-ridden
- Ensure Clubhouse doors & windows are closed, and lights switched off
GUESTS/VISITORS (Outdoor & Indoor play)
Full details about guest players, including fees and how to pay, are given in Club’s Regulations and annual newsletter. Brief reminders:
- Members may introduce "chargeable guests" to play at the Club up to a maximum of 6 times year, 3 or which may be in the Dome
- An Outdoor member may play in the Dome 3 times in a Dome season, paying the appropriate Guest Fee
- Please select 'Guest - Fee payable' as the opponent when making your booking. (NOTE : if you are playing in an authorised outside tournament, no fee is payable unless match is in the Dome)
- Outdoor Guests may NOT play under floodlights NOR at mix-in times.
- Indoor Guests may ONLY play up to 6pm weekdays (but not at mix-ins) and after 6pm at weekends.
- Junior guests may only play at Junior playing times
Revised August 2021